When you become eligible for Medicare, it can be a very confusing, emotional, and stressful time. We at Premier Health Advisors are here to help you navigate through this entire process. The choices you make now may affect your health care needs for the rest of your life. Having the right plan may allow you to have more freedom in choosing your doctors, hospitals, and other medical services. Let us guide you in the right direction and help you find the right plan that is affordable while meeting your needs.
What is Medicare?
Medicare is health insurance for:
- People age 65 or older
- People under the age of 65 with certain disabilities
- People of any age with end-stage renal failure disease (ESRA: permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a kidney transplant)
Different Parts of Medicare
Original Medicare helps cover inpatient care in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and home health care.
Original Medicare helps cover doctor’s services, outpatient care and home health care as well as some preventive services to help maintain your health and to keep certain illnesses from getting worse.
Like an HMO or PPO
- A health option ran by private insurance companies approved by and under contract with Medicare.
- Includes Medicare Parts A and B but can charge different amounts for certain services.
- May offer extra coverage and prescription drug coverage for an extra cost
- Cost for items and services vary by plan.
A prescription drug option by privately ran insurance companies, approved by and under contract with Medicare, helping cover the cost of prescription drugs. They may help lower your prescription drug costs and help protect against higher costs in the future.